Sous Vide Pork Belly
2 Pound Pork Belly
Salt and Pepper
1. Score the pork belly in a crossing method.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Sear the fat side first on low setting until it has a crispy texture.
4. Flip and sear the meat side.
5. Place in a sous vide bag and add 1 cup of Dr. Pepper.
6. Cryovac the bag and Sous Vide at 165 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 hours.
7. Once it is Sous Vide Place in an ice bath and chill then refrigerate until needed.
It should look like this once chilled.
Spring Pea Risotto
1 Cup Arborio Rice
2 Tablespoons Vidalia Onion, Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
3 Tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 Cup Lighter Beer of your Choosing
2 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock you can use bullion added to water
1. Heat the minced Onion, Garlic and oil in a pan until the onion has been sweat (translucent and soft).
2. Add the Arborio Rice and toast until a light brown color.
3. Once it has became light brown add the beer and stir turning the heat down to a simmer.
4. Once it is almost dry add 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock at a time adding once it has become almost dry. Stirring to keep it from boring.
5. Once all the Stock has been added and cooked down it should be somewhat a creamy consistency. Place on a sheet tray in an even manner and let cool unless using right away. if using right away set a side and stir every once in a while until the next steps are done.
6. Blanch 1 cup of fresh Spring peas.
7. Chill peas in an ice bath and save until needed.
8. Once all items are ready Mix the peas and the risotto with 1 cup Cream, 2 Ounces Parmesan Cheese, 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt, 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper.
9. Once everything is hot and a creamy consistency it is ready to be served.
BBQ Onion Rings
1/2 Vidalia Onion Sliced Thin. Soak the rings in 1/4 cup Buttermilk and 1 Tablespoon Hunger Hot Sauce
1 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Hunger BBQ Powder
1. Ounce the Onions have soaked for at least 15 minutes bread in the broader making sure all the onions are evenly coated and broken apart.
2. Place in a pan or fryer with oil in it set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown. Place on a paper towel and save for later.
Hunger BBQ Powder Dusted Pork Belly
Sous Vide Pork Belly
Hunger BBQ Powder For Dusting
1.Pull the Belly out of the bag saving the fat and the gelatin liquid, Cut the Pork Belly in to your desired cut I did 4 Ounce pieces. You may have scrape (it can be used in eggs the next morning)
2. Once cut into your desired cut rub with the BBQ Powder until evenly coated.
3. Place in a Oil Coated pan about 1 Tablespoon oil.
4. Sear the skin side first it will blacken a bit it is part of the flavor.
5. Flip and Sear the other side then place in an oven set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. It should like this when it comes out .
6. Set a side and let cool for a few minutes while letting the belly rest cook the broken beer blanc.
Pork Gelatin Liquid (heat and Stain)
3 Onces Hunger BBQ Sauce
3 Ounces Beer
1. Place the Strained Pork Liquid in a sauce pot with the Beer and Hunger BBQ Sauce.
2. Once the mixture has came to a simmer ad the pork fat stirring to incorporate every thing.
3. Once all items are hot turn off the heat.
1. Take 1/4 of the risotto per plate and top with a piece of pork belly then split the sauce between 4 plates.
2. Split the onion rings in 4 and place over the pork belly and it is ready to serve.
This is a delicious item that is both rich and creamy. I love it on a cooler spring time night. I was inspired by our local Pork Belly I got as a Sample of pork I received. I made it into a great spring time dinner with friend. We enjoyed this dish with our favor Hefeweizen with added a light yet great addition to the dinner.
If you are not interested in a broken sauce substitute butter and whisk in while the liquid mixuture is off.
I hope you enjoy is as much as I did.